Ishavskraft is today Northern Norway's largest power supplier. Our identity will always be characterized by the part of the country we come from. We belong in magnificent nature that is particularly exposed to major environmental pressures and climate change. Therefore, we feel a responsibility to be part of the solution. We therefore offer 100% natural power to all our customers today.
700 kilometer connections
The world's hardest MTB ride
Ishavskraft Offroad Finnmark 700 is voted by many as the world's hardest mountain bike race. The 700 kilometer trail is cycled continuously from start to finish. The route runs through desolate areas in Europe's last wilderness. Endless expanses, marshes, rivers and meters of altitude that you wouldn't think exist in Finnmark.
The route runs through five municipalities and stops at 10-12 checkpoints. To be able to carry out such an effort, all cyclists must get enough nutrition and rest. At Offroad Finnmark, we attach great importance to this. That is why we have arranged all the checkpoints with serving hot and cold food, drinks, accommodation.
Our 200 volunteers are ready to give you care and preparedness that you won't find anywhere else. They ensure that our participants get a unique offer such as technical service, bike washing, and anything else you may need help or assistance with. The only thing our volunteers think about is making sure that our cyclists get as optimal an experience as possible. You cannot help but be touched by their care.
Information about Ishavskraft OF700
"Offroad Finnmark 700 can be described as cycling from Tromsø to Mo I Rana - It's just that you're cycling in the ditch".
Men, Women, Mix
TBA* = To be announced
Prerequisite for prizes
Awarding requires a minimum of three to three starting teams in the class. If there are less than three starting teams, the first prize is the Offroad Finnmark trophy.
3 starting teams trigger more prizes 1st place. 4-6 starting teams trigger more prizes 1. and 2nd place. 7 or more starting teams trigger prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
To get a finisher's jersey, you must reach the finish line within the set time limit.
Mandatory for all riders (Under revision):
- 113 app must be downloaded on the front of the phone
- Effective mosquito and weather protection
- Mosquito repellent
- Mosquito hat/net for head
- 2 rescue foils
- Down jacket
- Shell clothing for the whole body (windproof/water repellent)
- Not tight fitting
- Warm clothes
- One layer of dry underwear (super or wool)
- Food in sufficient quantities
- First aid equipment (tape, strips, bandage, small scissors/knife, and rescue foil)
- Match/lighter (in waterproof bag)
- GPS + extra fully charged power pack minimum 8000 mah.
- Must be able to load maps and tracks, as well as display maps on screen
- If the GPS strikes
- Extra map and compass GPX tracks and maps downloaded on mobile
- Or additional GPS
- Mobile phone
- For emergencies
- Approved helmet according to NCF/UCI regulations
- You should ride a full shock absorber or a very good trail bike. Hardtail with cane creek seat damper pin can be an option
Mandatory for all teams (at least one of the riders on the team):
- First aid equipment
- Tape, bandage, single-person pack, small scissors/knife
- Maps are printed out themselves
Recommended all teams:
- 1-2 tires
- 3 hoses
- Chain cutter + extra chain or links
- Small pliers
- Star puller
- Strong tape
- Strong cord
- We recommend everyone to have a pump available, as you can experience up to several punctures per stage.
- Central wear parts (for example)
- Brake rubber, brake cables, gear cables)
- Gear ear/dropout + extra rear gear
- Tow string, elastic
- To be able to tow mates
Equipment for checkpoint bag
Team bag to checkpoint (see offer at checkpoint)
- All riders pack three bags each. See which bag you meet where in the overview below. You meet Bag 3 at the checkpoints with a long rest.
- If you want to sleep:
- Blanket bag/sleeping bag
- duvet + sheet + pillow
- Suggested content:
- Clean and dry cycling clothes
- Toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, various creams for chafing, Ibux)
- Private diet
- Power bars etc.
- Mosquito repellent (oil, milk, spray, wipes)
- 2 – 4 hoses
- 1 – 2 tires
- Brake bag
- Brake pads/brake discs
- Extra empty drink bottles
- Additional dropouts
- Extra shoes
- Additional brakes
- Extra crank
- Extra dropout
ATTENTION! All bags must be marked with name, telephone number and team number
Technical car follows the front of the race and takes equipment that takes up more space, such as spare bike, wheels etc. If you need assistance, call the race leader immediately, and they will try to get your equipment to the next checkpoint.
ATTENTION! WE cannot guarantee that a technical vehicle will be present at "your" checkpoint at all times!
Our ambition is that the last participant receives as good follow-up as the winner.
offers at the checkpoints 2023 (updated in December 2022)
OBS! check-out time: if you check out around this time, a warning will be given, and if you repeat it, you may be taken out of the race. Dialogue with race management is already established for the first time.
Absolute last check-out: checkpoints where this is stated close at this time at the latest. If you are not checked out before then, you will be removed from the ride
|No||Check point||Description||Technical||Mattress||Shower||Hot food||Cold food||Bag||Km.||Estimated time - fastest team||Mandatory rest||OBS! time check out||Absolutely last check out|
|0||Alta - start||Gågate Scandic||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1||Alta||Gågate Scandic||X||-||-||-||Cold oatmeal, fruit, nuts||-||26,7||1 hour and 20 minutes||15 min.||25.07 at 20.26||-|
|2||Suolovuopmi||Mountain lodge||X||X||-||Stroganoff casserole||X||1||75,7||4 hours||15 min.||26.07 at 04.08||-|
|Sports hall||X||X||X||Vegetable soup||X||3||73,8||4 hours and 40 minutes||15 min.||26.07 at 14.21||-|
|Sports hall||X||X||X||Spaghetti bolognese||X||3||73,8||4 hours and 50 minutes||Minimum 2 hours compulsory rest out of a total of 9 hours divided between Kautokeino 2 and Karasjok.||27.07 at 00.04||-|
|5||Šuoššjávri 1||Mountain lodge||X||X||X||Finn beef and mashed potatoes||X||2||95,4||6 hours||15 min.||27.07 at 18.36||-|
|Community center||X||X||-||Goulash||X||1||86,6||7 hours and 40 minutes||15 min.||28.07 at 08.38||28.07 at 12.00|
|Farmyard||-||X||-||Lapskaus||X||Bag||46,4||4 hours and 10 minutes||15 min.||28.07 at 16.22||28.07 at 19.00|
|School||X||X||X||Pizza||X||3||36,9||3 hours||Minimum 2 hours compulsory rest out of a total of 9 hours divided between Kautokeino 2 and Karasjok||28.07 at 22.42||29.07 at 12.00|
|9||Šuoššjávri 2||Mountain lodge||X||X||X||Finn beef and mashed potatoes||X||2||85,6||6 hours||15 min.||29.07 at 18.00||30.07 at 00:01|
|10||Joatka**||Mountain lodge||X||X||X||Lapskaus||X||-||52,2||4 hours and 30 minutes||15 min.||-||30.07 at 09:00|
|10a||Tutteberget***||Along the way||-||-||-||-||-||-||5||40 minutes||-||-||-|
|11||Alta - goal||Gågate Scandic||-||-||-||-||-||-||41,3||2 hours and 20 minutes||15 min.||-||-|
*9 hours of compulsory rest divided between Kautokeino 2 and Karasjok, minimum 2 hours at both places
**Private support is not permitted at checkpoint Jotka.
*** Tutteberget: no Offroad Finnmark support, private support allowed
Cold food (X): cold oatmeal, omelette with ham, hard-boiled eggs, bread, polar bread, toppings (cheese, ham, nougatti, jam etc.). Nuts, bananas, chips. Cola, blue Farris, water, blackcurrant juice and coffee.
The selection varies somewhat, especially in the staffed mountain huts (Jotka and Soussjavri).
Alternatives to hot dishes are made for all registered allergies.
track and Map 2022
Download Map (.pdf files)
Overview map 2022
Download Map (.pdf files)
Detailed map 2022
GPS (tracks released July 14)
We post the tracks only in GPX format. This format is supported by all GPSs. The file you download contains all the parts. This means that when you use the file on the GPS device, you must activate a new track for each checkpoint.
It is essential that you know how your GPS works and can navigate according to this during the ride. It is absolutely necessary to practice this before the race. Also, don't wait until the last minute to load and test your GPS against our tracks.
Some Garmin GPS have bugs with our files (Garmin 1030, 830 etc).
Recipe for transferring tracks to Garmin Edge:
- Download the files via our link and save it locally on your PC.
- Connect your GPS via cable to PC/MAC
- Copy the GPX file into the "New files" folder on your 1030.
- Disconnect your GPS using the "Safely Release and Disconnect" icon.
- Test that all tracks work.
If you can't get all the parts to work, you can download the parts individually from the folder "OFxxx parts"
A final option is to use the free program Basecamp (from Garmin) to transfer the tracks to your device. Here you can also convert the track (GPX file) into a route if you prefer a route to a track.
If not, you can convert the gpx file to a FIT file. It can be done here: https://fit-route.pyrites.org.uk/
Monday 31. July 2023
Change may come
Rider meeting Ishavskraft OF700 women, men and mixed (Scandic Finnmarksalen)
Registration Ishavskraft OF700 women's, men's and mix (Scandic Secretariat)
Presentation of riders Ishavskraft OF700 women, men and mixed
Rittstart Ishavskraft OF700 women, men and mixed
Passing checkpoint Alta Ishavskraft OF700 women, men and mixed
Thursday 03. August 2023
Change may come
Arrival of the winning team Ishavskraft OF700 women, men and mixed
Saturday 05. August 2023
Change may come
Time limit finishers Ishavskraft OF700 women, men and mixed
Offroad Finnmark's main banquet with prize distribution Ishavskraft OF700 (Scandic Finnmarksalen)
Packages Ishavskraft OF700
Accommodation at school
Offroad Finnmark offers accommodation at Bossekop school. The school is only a quick five-minute bike ride away from the start and finish area. We offer a mattress and food (not dinner). If you want to use this solution, select "all included" when you sign up.
- Check-in from: Sunday 30 July at 12:00.
- Check out by: Sunday 06. August at 12:00.
Accommodation at a hotel (update for 2023 to be announced)
If you want a more comfortable stay, we would recommend Scandic Alta. The hotel is located in the middle of Smørøyet. The start and finish area is right outside the front door and the secretariat and banquets at the hotel. Use the code (coming) and get a discount on accommodation at our hotel partner Scandic Alta.
To book, do the following:
- Choose the Right Hotel (Scandic Alta) The code will not work if you do not choose the right hotel.
- Select Correct Date (Coming) . The code will not work if you choose other or more dates, fewer dates can of course be chosen.
- Press the arrow down to the right where it says booking code, bonus check or reward night / bonus code, bonus check or bonus night.
- Enter the following code: BOFF200722 in the field where it says "Add Booking code / add booking code"