Ishavskraft OF700 Solo - the world's longest MTB ride
Challenging - exhausting - Euphoric
Ishavskraft is today Northern Norway's largest power supplier. Our identity will always be characterized by the part of the country we come from. We belong in magnificent nature that is particularly exposed to major environmental pressures and climate change. Therefore, we feel a responsibility to be part of the solution. We therefore offer 100% natural power to all our customers today.
700 kilometer connections
The world's hardest MTB ride
Ishavskraft Offroad Finnmark 700 is voted by many as the world's hardest mountain bike race. The 700 kilometer trail is cycled continuously from start to finish. The route runs through desolate areas in Europe's last wilderness. Endless expanses, marshes, rivers and meters of altitude that you wouldn't think exist in Finnmark.
The route runs through five municipalities and stops at 10-12 checkpoints. To be able to carry out such an effort, all cyclists must get enough nutrition and rest. At Offroad Finnmark, we attach great importance to this. That is why we have arranged all the checkpoints with serving hot and cold food, drinks, accommodation.
Our 200 volunteers are ready to give you care and preparedness that you won't find anywhere else. They ensure that our participants get a unique offer such as technical service, bike washing, and anything else you may need help or assistance with. The only thing our volunteers think about is making sure that our cyclists get as optimal an experience as possible. You cannot help but be touched by their care.
Information about Ishavskraft OF700
"Offroad Finnmark 700 can be described as cycling from Tromsø to Mo I Rana - It's just that you're cycling in the ditch".
TBA* = To be announced
Prerequisite for prizes
Awarding requires a minimum of three to three starting teams in the class. If there are less than three starting teams, the first prize is the Offroad Finnmark trophy.
3 starting teams trigger more prizes 1st place. 4-6 starting teams trigger more prizes 1. and 2nd place. 7 or more starting teams trigger prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
To get a finisher's jersey, you must reach the finish line within the set time limit.
Mandatory for all riders (Under revision):
- 113 app must be downloaded on the front of the phone
- Effective mosquito and weather protection
- Mosquito repellent
- Mosquito hat/net for head
- 2 rescue foils
- Down jacket
- Shell clothing for the whole body (windproof/water repellent)
- Not tight fitting
- Warm clothes
- One layer of dry underwear (super or wool)
- Food in sufficient quantities
- First aid equipment (tape, strips, bandage, small scissors/knife, and rescue foil)
- Match/lighter (in waterproof bag)
- GPS + extra fully charged power pack minimum 8000 mah.
- Must be able to load maps and tracks, as well as display maps on screen
- If the GPS strikes
- Extra map and compass GPX tracks and maps downloaded on mobile
- Or additional GPS
- Mobile phone
- For emergencies
- Approved helmet according to NCF/UCI regulations
- You should ride a full shock absorber or a very good trail bike. Hardtail with cane creek seat damper pin can be an option
Mandatory for all teams (at least one of the riders on the team):
- First aid equipment
- Tape, bandage, single-person pack, small scissors/knife
- Maps are printed out themselves
Recommended all teams:
- 1-2 tires
- 3 hoses
- Chain cutter + extra chain or links
- Small pliers
- Star puller
- Strong tape
- Strong cord
- We recommend everyone to have a pump available, as you can experience up to several punctures per stage.
- Central wear parts (for example)
- Brake rubber, brake cables, gear cables)
- Gear ear/dropout + extra rear gear
- Tow string, elastic
- To be able to tow mates
Equipment for checkpoint bag
Team bag to checkpoint (see offer at checkpoint)
- All riders pack three bags each. See which bag you meet where in the overview below. You meet Bag 3 at the checkpoints with a long rest.
- If you want to sleep:
- Blanket bag/sleeping bag
- duvet + sheet + pillow
- Suggested content:
- Clean and dry cycling clothes
- Toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, various creams for chafing, Ibux)
- Private diet
- Power bars etc.
- Mosquito repellent (oil, milk, spray, wipes)
- 2 – 4 hoses
- 1 – 2 tires
- Brake bag
- Brake pads/brake discs
- Extra empty drink bottles
- Additional dropouts
- Extra shoes
- Additional brakes
- Extra crank
- Extra dropout
ATTENTION! All bags must be marked with name, telephone number and team number
Technical car follows the front of the race and takes equipment that takes up more space, such as spare bike, wheels etc. If you need assistance, call the race leader immediately, and they will try to get your equipment to the next checkpoint.
ATTENTION! WE cannot guarantee that a technical vehicle will be present at "your" checkpoint at all times!
Our ambition is that the last participant receives as good follow-up as the winner.